Tour Itinerary

On arrival to Invergordon, you can choose from the special tailored 5 tours covering the North, East and South of the Scottish highlands and enjoy an All Day Tour A or All Day Tour B to visit many of the attractions Scotland has to offer.

You may also wish to consider designing your own tour on our booking page here.

Scotland is home to some of the worlds most renowned and finest golf courses with a few Tom Morris courses.  Castle Stuart in Inverness is the newest golf course in the highlands that has been home to the Scottish open in recent years and scheduled to return in the future. Royal Dornoch is another world wide known course closer to Invergordon. There are many other great courses in the surrounding area including, Ross-shire, Nairn and Speyside.
The North whisky tour of distilleries calling at Glenmorangiein, Dalmore, Glen Ord,Old Pulteney and finally Balblair.
The Black Isle
Despite its name, the Black Isle is not an island, but a peninsula, surrounded on three sides by water – the Cromarty Firth to the north, the Beauly Firth to the south, and the Moray Firth to the east. On its fourth, western side, its boundary is delineated by rivers. The River Conon divides Maryburgh, a mile outside Dingwall, from Conon Bridge which is the first village on the Black Isle from the north-western side. Its southwestern boundary is variously considered to be marked by either a minor tributary of the River Beauly separating Beauly (in Inverness-shire) and Muir of Ord (on the Black Isle in Ross and Cromarty), dividing the two counties and also delineating the start of the Black Isle; or alternatively, the River Beauly itself, thus including Beauly in the Black Isle despite its official placement in Inverness-shire.
Inverness Cathedral
Inverness Cathedral also known as the Cathedral Church of Saint Andrew (1866–69) is a cathedral of the Scottish Episcopal Church situated in the city of Inverness in Scotland close to the banks of the River Ness. It is the seat of the Bishop of Moray, Ross and Caithness, ordinary of the Diocese of Moray, Ross and Caithness. The cathedral is the northernmost cathedral in mainland Britain and was the first new cathedral to be completed in Great Britain since the Reformation.
Culloden Battlefield
The Battle of Culloden was the final confrontation of the 1745 Jacobite Rising. On 16 April 1746, the Jacobite forces of Charles Edward Stuart fought Government troops commanded by William Augustus, Duke of Cumberland near Inverness in the Scottish Highlands. The Culloden Visitor Centre offers a fantastic experience of the whole Culloden story to be told in an innovative and interactive way which appeals to all the family
Cawdor Castle
Cawdor Castle dates from the late 14th century, having been built as a private fortress by the Thanes of Cawdor, with the ancient medieval tower built around the legendary holly tree – wherever you look, Cawdor Castle is steeped in intrigue and history.
James Pringle Woolen Mill
The Pringle Holm Woolen Mill is situated on the South bank of the River Ness just off the Dores Road. Some sources date the mill to 1771. The mills supplied a textile that was used to strengthen the banks of the Caledonian Canal embankment during its construction. At the time of the second World War the mill was kept busy supplying Army blankets for the war effort. Today the Mill is a working factory site with an exhibition of traditional weaving The shop offers a superb range of tartans, knitwear, gifts and souvenirs. The mill is well worth a visit."
Inverness is known as the capital of the Highlands and sits at the top of Loch Ness. Inverness Castle offers spectacular views of Inverness and features a statue at the front which depicts Flora MacDonald, the Highland Heroine as she was more famously known for, and her collie dog Dileas, (Gaelic for faithful). Flora shades her eyes looking westward down the Great Glen in hope that her prince, the tragic, Charles Edward Stuart (Bonnie Prince Charlie) has finally escaped to France.
Urquhart Castle
Urquhart Castle sits beside Loch Ness. The castle is 1.3 miles from drumnadrochit village. The present ruins date from the 13th to the 16th centuries, though built on the site of an early medieval fortification. Founded in the 13th century, Urquhart played a role in the Wars of Scottish Independence in the 14th century. It was subsequently held as a royal castle, and was raided on several occasions by the MacDonald Lords of the Isles. The castle was granted to the Clan Grant in 1509, though conflict with the MacDonalds continued. Despite a series of further raids the castle was strengthened, only to be largely abandoned by the middle of the 17th century. Urquhart was partially destroyed in 1692 to prevent its use by Jacobite forces, and subsequently decayed. In the 20th century it was placed in state care and opened to the public: it is now one of the most-visited castles in Scotland.
Translate »